Intravacc is the place in the Netherlands to work on the development and production of vaccines that are valuable for global healthcare. As an established Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with over 100 years of experience, Intravacc offers a wide range of expertise to independently develop and manufacture innovative vaccines for partners around the world, including (inter)national governments, public health organizations (WHO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation), biotech and pharmaceutical companies
Within the Business Development Department we are looking for a Vice President Business Development
The Vice President Business Development (VP-BV) reports to the CBO. The VP-BD primary focus is the acquisition and maintenance of new customers of Intravacc to drive the CDMO revenue growth.
You are responsible for the international -commercial market development, identifying customers and securing the contracts, in line with the strategic, scientific and commercial need of Intravacc:
- Securing clients for new commissions
- Worldwide identification and analysis of new business cooperations and – if it concerns product and process development, registration and commerce – with industrial partners, institutes and NGO’s, to translate these trends into business opportunities
- In dialogue with program management to engage in business opportunities, negotiations, and/or determine priorities with external parties
- Negotiating with the external clients and to realign internal commercial and strategic conditions
- Providing technological knowledge when visiting clients or a congresses and fairs
- Taking care of keeping client data and projects in the pipeline up to date in the
- MSc or PhD in the field of life sciences, biochemistry or pharmaceutical sciences
- Relevant work experience of at least 8+ years
- Commercial/ transaction and scientific knowledge and experience from the life science industry, preferably within vaccines development and exploitation of generated knowledge
- Experience in negotiations and contract preparation
- Able to make connections between scientific content and business related topics
- Knows how to network and maintain those networks, to influence, to negotiate, to advise management .
- Developing a business revenue driven annual plan
- Track-record bringing on new customers
- Pro-active and solution-oriented
- Flexible work attitude and capable of working independently as well as in a team
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken)
Want to be part of a company whose technology and products are part of cutting-edge global research? Join Intravacc in our commitment to reduce human diseases through innovative vaccine technology. Are you a self-starter and have you a strong “Can do” mindset than this is the perfect job for you.
You will become part of an enthusiastic team within an innovative growing company that makes a substantial contribution to global healthcare. You will have plenty of opportunities to further professionalize the organization and to develop yourself – both technically and personally.
A long-term permanent position. We offer a competitive salary, dependent on education and experience, including 8% holiday allowance, and an additional 30% annual target driven bonus
Please send us your resume.